You may have noticed that I haven’t blogged in quite awhile… well, there’s a great reason for that! I’ve been extremely busy working with an amazing group of people to make the dream of a children’s museum in Augusta a reality. I’m so pleased to announce that our museum concept, Imagination Station, went over its $8,000 crowdfunding goal by raising just over $9,000 to get us started with the building process in the community building of Hickman Park!! Many, many great thanks to all those who helped to make this happen. We could not be more excited about getting started, and we are on track to open the museum in mid-July! We now have the key to the building in hand, which means that the interior cleaning and painting effort is beginning this Saturday morning. Help from our community members and families is always more than welcome, so if you are inspired to help scrub or swing a paintbrush this weekend, stop by Hickman Park between 9am and noon!
Then, mark your calendars for our IMAGINATION STATION KICK-OFF CELEBRATION PICNIC: Saturday, June 14th, from 11:30am until 1:30pm at Hickman Park! Come see the space that we are getting ready to move into, and enjoy everything our picnic has to offer, including:
- FOOD!! — Chick-fil-A, Publix, Kroger, and Bi-Lo are generously donating to our cause with food and paper products.
- LIVE MUSIC!!– We have Karen Gordon of Garden City Jazz AND Tara Scheyer performing!
- BRICKS4KIDZ– This fantastic kid venue is bringing their Lego fun and games to us!
- STORY TIME– Ms. Kathy Crosson of Appleby Library fame is going to present kids at the picnic with a special story time!
- SWEETS– Local bakery Pink Frosting is generously providing their delicious sweet treats as part of our fundraiser!
- GAMES– Chick-fil-A is bringing their spinning wheel and corn hole tent!
- CRAFTS– We’ll have a community canvas set up for the kids to paint, our popular dress-up photo booth, and more!!
As you can see, there will be a LOT going on at our picnic next week!! And best of all, it is FREE and open to the public! We hope to see each and every one of you there!! Donations of children’s books, puzzles, and art supplies for the museum will gladly be accepted. There will also be the opportunity for families to sign up for a museum membership, as well as Imagination Station t-shirts and bumper stickers on sale.
Come on out next Saturday, and in the meantime… spread the word!! Let’s make this event a smashing success! Thanks!! :)
As always, more info about the museum is available at our website, imagineaugusta.org.
Tara Scheyer will be performing at our Kick-Off Celebration Picnic!!
We’re thrilled to have Bricks4Kidz there as well!